Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Akira

The teacher likes to give problems to me because I never can choose one thing without doubt for many time.
In this time I choose a movie called Akira. I have another favourites but I choose this because I loved before all of these.
Akira is a film I saw at the 15 years-old, I know another people saw it younger but well, I arrived some later.
This is an animation film, based on the manga (comic book) of Katsuhiro Otomo, and directed for himself, and the premiere was in 1988.
The story is in a future (2019), in the city of Neo-Tokyo; a war destructed it in the past and the situation is critical, with violence, oppression, drugs, terrorism, etc. The government experiments with children with mental powers like a tool of their purposes. The starrings are a band of young choppers like fight, drugs and drink. In a combat with another choppers one of they is found by militars and they discover he have a mental power and kidnap him to study him mind and found a way to combat to Akira, the most powered child that is freeze to control him but nobody knows when he wake up.
I like it because I love illustration and draw, and the draws of Katsuhiro Otomo are really gorgeous. Ok, it´s a fantastic history, but if you not interesting in it, anyway this is a great movie, because the animation is very very good make, the colors, the images, and a significant part; the music; this catch you for all the time.

1 comment:

  1. I got impressed when I saw this movie on national TV channels, It was a kind of good time but I knew that it will never happen again -_-

    Have you read the manga?

    ReplyDelete