Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A picture

It's too hard to me to choose a picture, I love so much the photos and images. The picture I upload was taken by me. The place it's a location of a short film I work the last year. It's an old bar at Franklin's town, it's called "Bar Chiloé", but the people of the place called it "Where Don Hernán" like its propietary. I like this place because there are a popular traditions that are dissapearing with the time. There are parts of our culture but the progress is murder all those. The bar Chiloé is a old house build with adobe, and is decor with antiques things like furnitures, pictures, machines (for example an old and big freezer) and also antique people that often go to drink (all the day and all days). This is not my favourite picture, but I choose it because reflects the soul of the place and the atmosphere that you can find if you go to there. There are a TV, a wurlitzer, old pictures,the color of the wall, the shape of the door (is own of adobe construction) and the sentence: "ask here for the delicious pipeño". It's some nostalgic, but it's too a piece of popular history. After to all, you can enjoy a visit to Bar Chiloe drinking the chicha and the pipeño and laughing with your friends. And taken so many photos.



4 comments:

  1. I love the places with wurlitzer, is the most funniest machine. I don't know "Bar Chiloe", but I will go soon, because looks a cool bar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jajaa! bar Chiloe, my favourite assistance, the color was so beatiful, i liked the bar :) but isn't a place that i like to go all days..

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really love your picture, remember me my grandfather.
    i think is very important to conservate the popular traditions and antiques things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a pity to lose our culture. But maybe we're not losing it, but upgrading it.

    ReplyDelete